If youre like us, finding the right gear to EDC for ourselves is hard enough. Trying to find the perfect holiday gift for another like-minded EDCer can be a daunting, if not utterly exhausting task. How do you pick something theyll appreciate, actually use, and be proud to carry? Were here to help. Weve broken down 31 gift ideas for every kind of EDCer on your list.
The Everyday Carry Holiday Gift Guide
Gifts for the Tactical EDCer
Heavy-duty gifts for those who need extra-reliable, extra tough gear.
- Benchmade Mini Vallation 427: The new Mini Vallation 427 from Benchmade makes for a great duty knife that can also be carried as a daily driver. The 3.2 drop point blade in S30V is milled in a flat grind and is easy to deploy one-handed thanks to the AXIS Assist action. A stout handle and ample palm swell provide a secure grip, and the mohawk spine design along the top allows for finer control without too aggressive jimping. Thumb studs and a reversible tip-up deep carry clip complete this fully ambidextrous build.
- Fisher Matte Black Bullet Space Pen with clip: The Fisher Space Pen is arguably a classic choice for an EDC pen. Its solid aluminum body sports a sleek bullet shape thats comfortable in hand and in pocket. The special pressurized ink refill allows writing on any surface, in extreme temperatures, even underwater and upside down. This version comes in a matte black finish and a clip for the full tactical look.
- Casio DWF-D1000ARR-1: No loadout is complete without a reliable timepiece, and the Casio DWF-D1000ARR-1 will not disappoint. Based on the Frogman model, the DWF-D1000ARR-1 engineered for professional diving for Antarctic surveys. As a result its one of the toughest watches out there, capable of providing accurate readings even in unstable underwater conditions. The DWF-D1000ARR-1 also has a high level of water resistance of 200m, making it an ideal instrument for explorers and urban commuters alike.
- Olight M2R Pro: Treat the flashlight fan in your life to the new and improved Olight M2R Pro. Besides boasting a higher lumen count, it now features a grippier knurling pattern on the body and a more aggressive bezel while keeping the overall weight and dimensions of its predecessor. The tail switch has been improved as well for easier activation, and the new M2R runs on a beefier 5000 mAh 21700 battery.
- GORUCK GR1: The GR1 is a legendary backpack for a reason. Its chock full of useful features: a reinforced laptop compartment, multiple pockets, and hydration bladder compatibility, just to name a few. Its versatile enough to go from the city to the great outdoors, and everything in between. The GR1 is purposefully sized for use as carry-on luggage, and is made of weatherproof 1000D Cordura nylon for maximum durability.
Gifts for the Minimalist EDCer
Lightweight, low-profile gear for the person who like to keep things simple but effective.
- Braun Classic Slim: Braun has always been known for their timeless, minimalist, and retro-futuristic designs, and the Classic Slim watch speaks volumes by keeping its design as low-key as possible. But a closer look reveals the subtle and elegant details Braun chose to put on display, like the stark orange second hand and the classy mesh band. For the EDCer in your life who wants a change from bulky, overstated watches, the Classic Slim is a sleek addition to their collection.
- Olight i1R 2 EOS: The Olight I1R 2 EOS is a simple and versatile keychain light you can gift to the minimalist on your list, whereit can sit quietly along their keys ready at a moments notice with a simple twist. The upgrade to Olights popular compact light now comes with more output to the tune of 150 lumens from its new Chip Scale Packaging LED, with easy charging thanks to a built-in micro USB port and a tough, IPX8-rated outer shell that keeps the light protected.
- Pioneer Molecule 3PN: You probably have more than a few people on your list that need help with their overstuffed wallet situation, so its the perfect chance to introduce them to minimalist wallets thats heavy on the material tech. This isnt the leather theyre used toPioneers 3PN material is an ultra-dense 3-ply nylon ripstop that comes in a beautiful matte finish and offers a more tactile handfeel. Simply put, Pioneers Molecule card holder feels and performs better than leather in nearly every way, in a minimalist package that cuts things down to the essentials.
- Hyperlite Mountain Gear Versa Sling: Slings are in season, and there are plenty of options out there for the everyday commuter. But for the minimalist on your list thats always on the move, less weight goes a long way. This means turning to Dyneema, the worlds strongest fiber for its weight, giving the Hyperlite Mountain Gear Versa plenty of strength and durability without weighing down its wearer. At only 0.18 pounds while able to fit 2.25L of gear within its 3 compartments, its the ultimate lightweight accessory to help with heavy pockets.
- Mikov DLC Coated Pocket Knife: Mikovs pocket knife comes with plenty of robust features in a super-compact package (its blade is only 1.4), letting it stay discreet when not in use but ready to perform when its time to slice. A minimalist would appreciate understated details like the Vienna-made Bhler N690 steel used on the knife, coated with diamond-like carbon to give it unparalleled durability and resilience, as well as the stainless steel handles stamped with a grip-friendly knurled pattern.
Gifts for the Classy EDCer
Functional essentials that pack timeless style for the sophisticated EDCer on your list.
- Nordgreen Native Scandinavian Watch: Help the one on your list make a statement with their EDC from their pockets to their wrist. This simple and minimalist design from Jakob Wagner features a water resistant stainless steel case and scratch resistant mineral glass. Available in three sizes32mm, 36mm and 40mm and with different colors of interchangeable leather and mesh straps, the Native offers lots of options to match their style.
- Craft & Lore Valet Tray Catch-all: For those people who are starting to get more EDC items to carry, a leather valet tray is a great place for their end-of-day (or arrive-at-work) pocket dump. This catch-all from Craft & Lore measures 6 inches by 6 inches, and is made from pliable but sturdy chrome tanned boot leather accented with hand-hammered brass rivets. This gift makes for an elegant docking bay for things they carry on an everyday basis.
- Kizer Laconico Gemini: This special edition of the Kizer Gemini knife is a production version of the custom Jasmine model of Ray Laconico, but dressed up with carbon fiber handles to for weight-savings and aesthetics. The liner-locking flipper features a stonewashed 3.125-inch blade made out of premium S35VN, and it will handle EDC cutting tasks in style.
- RovyVon Aurora A24 Ti: The small but powerful A24 quick charges in about an hour, but produces up to 1,000 lumens when needed. The compact CNC-machined titanium body is only three inches long and weighs just over 60 grams (2.14 ounces), and is IP68-rated for weather resistance. Its small enough to be attached to a keychain, but can be carried many ways thanks to its unique yet effective pocket clip.
- REFYNE EP1 Ti Bolt-Action Pen: Everybody needs a reliable pen for everyday use, but making it fun and fidget-friendly ensures that it becomes a part of your recipients daily carry. This version of the EP1 combines a modern pen design with a durable titanium body housing a copper barrel for its bolt-action assembly. It takes common Parker-style G2-sized refills from Fisher, Schneider and Monteverde, and the ballpoint is deployed smoothly through its unique and addictive action.
Gifts for the Outdoorsy EDCer
Stay on point with these picks while wandering off the beaten path.
- Filson Submersible Dry Backpack: Whether the outdoorsman on your list is in the traditional camp or prefers more high-tech gear, this Dry Pack from Filson is sure to please. Its modern materials and design make it completely waterproof so they can take it on any expedition, but its attractive olive green coloring nods to more heritage outdoors gear. At 28L its big enough to hold a days worth of gear without being too bulky for everyday carry off the trail as well.
- Pelican Ruck R20 Case: Its hard to prepare for everything that might happen in the great outdoors, but this handy protective hardcase is built to handle it all. Its ABS outer shell can withstand tough scrapes and drops, while its IP68 waterproofness keeps its contents dry. Its a great addition to any outdoors kit to keep valuables and devices safe and dry.
- Petzl ACTIC CORE Headlamp: While a flashlight is usually best for EDC, the hands-free benefits of a dedicated headlamp is invaluable when outside. The outdoorsman on your list will appreciate this headlamps handy features, like a max 350 lumen output, wide and spot beams, as well as a red LED for preserving night vision. Its conveniently rechargeable via micro USB and can even take AAA batteries on hand.
- Nocs Waterproof Binoculars: No matter the activity the outdoorsman on your list enjoys, a rugged pair of binoculars can make every expedition better. IPX7 waterproofness means they can go anywhere, while 8x magnification let them get a closer look at where their adventure takes them next. Its a gift thats built to last a lifetime, backed with a warranty to match.
- Kershaw Emerson CQC-10K: In the outdoors, a proper, heavy-duty knife is a must-have. The person on your list will be able to make quick work of their cutting tasks with the CQC-10Ks beefy 3.5" blade secured by a sturdy framelock. G-10 scales on the handle stay grippy when wet and keep weight to a minimum. Its a versatile enough knife to be used as an everyday carry, too.
- Hammerstone Goods Triple Lip Balm Box Set: Lip balms are a dime a dozen, but few were designed with both everyday carry and outdoors adventures in mind like the ones from Hammerstone Goods. These lip balms use natural ingredients to protect lips in harsh outdoors conditions, all housed in a pocket-friendly oval twist tube. You can pick up a set and save 20% with an exclusive coupon code EDC20 at checkout, too.
Gifts for the Techy EDCer
Smart picks to power up the gadget and tech lovers kit.
- Apple AirPods Pro: Any gadget enthusiast is sure to appreciate Apples latest and greatest true wireless earbuds, the AirPods Pro. These noise-canceling earbuds offer a seamless user experience, touch and voice controls, better fit, and improved sound quality. Theyre just as fun to listen to as theyre easy to use, making them an EDC essential fit for any carry.
- DJI Mavic Mini: When it comes to portable tech, few things are as fun as using a miniature drone. The DJI Mavik Mini is an ultralight drone thats perfect for capturing unique perspective aerial footage on the fly. At just 250 grams, it wont add bulk to the rest of their tech loadout, while packing both fun and functionality to boot.
- Bellroy Tech Kit: While the tech enthusiast on your list probably has all the gadgets they want, they might be missing a clever solution to carry it all. Give them the gift of an organized, tangle-free bag with the Bellroy Tech Kit. This handy organizer can stash bulky items like hard drives and chargers as well as small items and cables in a clean, efficient way so the one on your list stays prepared on the go.
- Leatherman FREE P4: Whether the techie on your list likes to tinker with electronics projects or just likes the most innovative technology in their gear, theyll appreciate the Leatherman Free P4 multi-tool. Designed from the ground up based on a magnetic architecture, this feature-packed multi-tool leverages the power of magnets to make it even easier to get to its tools. All in all, the made-in-USA tool offers 21 functions in its robust stainless steel frame.
- Bulova Computron: Retro is in these days, so if the techie on your list wants to switch it up from their usual smartwatch, the Bulova Computron is sure to please. It combines a retro-futuristic look with modern performance in its red digital LED display. Durable materials like a stainless steel case and black rubber strap give it the durability needed for EDC with an all-black, low-profile look.
Gifts for the Traveling EDCer
Must-have essentials to make every trip feel like first class for the traveler in your life.
- Garmin Fenix 6 Pro: Garmins superior GPS technology sets the Fenix 6 Pro apart from most smartwatches, able to locate long after their phones lost battery or signal. For added travel convenience, it can make cashless payments via Garmin Pay, tapping your wrist at the terminal when youre on the go. And its rugged design will deal with more than a few scratches and dents wherever and whenever.
- Sony WF-1000XM3: When the traveler in your life spends tons of time on buses, trains, airplanes, and other noisy forms of transportation, a set of good active noise-cancelling headphones like the Sony 1000XM3 can be a game changer, giving the one on your list a bit of peace and quiet even if its just for a second or two. Sonys noise cancelling technology is best in class, reducing loud airplane engines down to a much more tolerable level. It can be paired to both Apple and Android devices via Bluetooth, allowing it to handle calls and control voice commands on their phone.
- Bluffworks Field Jacket: Give the EDCer in your life a stylish wardrobe staple with enough pockets to stash their valuables while traveling. Unlike those old military surplus jackets, the Bluffworks Field Jacket is a modern take on the style, featuring a three-layer laminated waterproof breathable technical fabric construction with bonded seams thatll keep the wearer dry even during a serious downpour. And with its 10 pockets, you can place pretty much everything you need into it when youre going through airport security, just place it on the conveyor belt and go.
- Peak Design Travel Dufflepack 65L: Theres no gift like peace of mind when traveling. The Peak Design Travel Duffelpack has everything needed for one-bag travel, featuring expandable main storage space that gives you up to 65 liters of padded room to pack gear and clothes. And unlike most travel duffel bags that have to be worn over the shoulder, this one converts into a backpack with comfortable straps which make carrying it long term no`t a problem at all.
- Dango P02 Travel Wallet: The Dango P02 is more than a wallet, its a convenient pocketable organizer that accommodates a passport, payment cards, and unfolded cash in a securely-buckled design. The wallet also blocks RFID signals, keeping the one one your lists identity safe from fraudsters when theyre abroad. The water-resistant DTEX construction also keeps out the rain, keeping receipts and other important documents dry. And with its integrated pen in the spine, theyll always have the ability to write quick notes or sign checks at their favorite restaurants.
What EDC gifts are you giving, and whats on your wishlist this year? Let us know in the comments below!
submitted by Everyday Carry If youre like us, finding the...
submitted by Everyday Carry
← Older Post Newer Post →