Square Enix announed the return of ‘Kingdom Hearts’
Square Enix has announced the return of the Kingdom Hearts franchise with a new game, titled Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory.
What’s going on:
- Square Enix announced the new game Melody of Memory on Tuesday.
- It will be a rhythm game, which is like Guitar Hero or Dance Dance Revolution, where gamers are asked to keep the rhythm of different songs that pop up.
- Square Enix released a similar game titled Final Fantasy Theatrhythm.
- Square Enix released a Japanese trailer, which shows Kingdom Hearts characters like Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku, Kairi, Hercules, Aladdin.
Some extra context:
According to IGN, this is only the beginning of the Kingdom Hearts return. Square Enix unveiled that the game fits into the second phase of the franchise, which will include other games, including:
- Kingdom Hearts 3: Re:Mind.
- Kingdom Hearts Dark Road.
- Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory.
There are two other games to be determined, which could be “a new entry, rereleases on Nintendo Switch, next-gen ports, or really anything,” according to IGN.