There are different reasons why you might need to buy an extra keyboard. Your keyboard may be wearing out and one can only imagine the frustration you get each time you type ‘O’ when you actually wanted to type ‘P’.
Apart from your keyboard wearing out, desiring more comfort and flexibility and reducing pain in your wrists and fingers as you type might be your main reason. You may also want to maintain the recommended minimum distance of 40cm away from the screen((CCOHS: Positioning The Monitor
)) or just want to have some additional functionalities on your keyboard which are not available on most keyboards.
Whatever the reason, we all want to have the best keyboard that will suit our needs.
Here are the 10 best keyboards under $99 available on Amazon. They were picked based on their ergonomic design and extra functionalities.
Why You Should Trust Us
We checked Amazon to find the keyboards that have multiple functionalities, promises comfort, have received several reviews, and rated at least 4-star from real users. At a price below $100, we believe that you can find the best keyboard for you on this list.
1. Logitech MK550 Wireless Wave Keyboard and Mouse Combo
4.3-star, 8950 Reviews
The Logitech MK 550 keyboard has a constant curve layout and integrated palm rest to reduce stress, eliminate lower wrist fatigue, and help you type more naturally.
If you want something that allows easy navigation, then this might be the best keyboard for you. It has 18 programmable keys that you will find pretty useful if you frequently use apps that require rapid navigation.
It also has an accompanying precision laser mouse that makes screen navigation much easier and faster than using your touchpad.
One of the things that set this keyboard apart from the rest is its long battery life. You can continue to use your keyboard and mouse for 2 years without thinking of changing the battery; the keyboard’s battery can even last up to three years.
If you are a programmer, secretary, writer, or you do something that requires typing a lot, this is a product you might want to consider.
- Long battery life
- A combination of keyboard and mouse
- Wireless keyboard
- Integrated palm rest to reduce wrist fatigue
You can buy this from Amazon for $46.99.
- Only compatible with Windows-based PC. Additional set up might be required to use with Mac or Linux.
- The keyboard can be a little noisy when typing
2. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Wired Keyboard 4000 for Business
4.3-star, 5388 reviews
This is an ergonomic keyboard with a cord (about 6ft long). It has a comfortable design that enhances your natural hand, wrist, and forearm positions when in use. It also has a cushioned palm rest which helps maintain a neutral wrist position, eliminating wrist pain.
The keyboard has 5 customizable buttons that you can assign specific commands to make your work easier and faster. This may be the best keyboard for you if you love ergonomic keyboards.
- Works on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Relatively quiet
- Sturdy, doesn't swivel around
You can buy this from Amazon for $59.95.
- The keyboard is a little bulky
- Spacebar might be sticky at first
- It doesn’t have a wireless version
- Not good for gaming
- Some letters and characters might begin to wear off with use
3. Razer Huntsman Gaming Keyboard
4.6-stars, 1442 Reviews
If you are looking for a superfast keyboard, the Razer Huntsman gaming keyboard is one to consider. Its new Razer Opto-Mechanical switches utilize optical technology for unmatched speed.
The keyboard's Razer Chroma syncs fully with popular games, and its Razer hardware supports 16.8 million colors on backlit keys. It has fully programmable macros that allow for the execution of complex commands through all keys and keypress combinations.
This keyboard is originally made for gamers, but many users choose it for its super-fast speed rather than for gaming itself.
- Works for Mac and PC
- Stiff enough to avoid typos
- Superfast and customizable
You can buy this from Amazon for $89.99.
- Because it’s clicky, it might be disturbing in an office environment
- The Synapse software is bad and might not install on Windows 10
4. Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard
4.5-stars, 3115 Reviews
This is a membrane keyboard for enhanced performance, whether you are working or gaming. It is designed to give you pleasant gaming experience with three zones of tweakable RGB backlight.
One of the features that make the Corsair K55 keyboard stand out is its dust and spill resistance, so you don't have to worry about wiping off spills. It also has a detachable palm rest to reduce wrist pain when you are gaming or on a prolonged work.
It has multi-key anti-ghosting features so those keypress combinations are executed without hassles. You also have direct control over your audio with the dedicated volume and media control keys.
- Competitive at its price
- No software needed for RGB lighting
- Quiet keys
- Programmable keys
- Media buttons are included
You can buy this from Amazon for $49.88.
- Caps Lock and Num Lock indicators might stop working intermittently
- Game hangs for about 30 - 60 seconds whenever you use a controller
5. Apple Magic Keyboard
4.6-stars, 1328 Reviews
The most remarkable thing about the Apple Magic keyboard is its rechargeable batteries and the fact that it can be used to enhance your typing experience on smaller devices such as the iPad and iPhone.
This keyboard can pair with any apple device that runs on IOS 9.1 and up. Therefore you can use the keyboard to type long text messages and emails on your iPhone. This may be the best keyboard for Mac.
- Comes with rechargeable batteries
- Though made for Mac, it’s also compatible with PC
You can buy this from Amazon for $94.
- The keys are not lit
- Some keys, especially the arrow keys are quite small
- Be careful, refurbished items might be sold as new
6. Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo
4.1-stars, 20,735 reviews
This is another great product from Logitech, especially for people on a tight budget. Like MK550, this keyboard also comes with a paired mouse and does have a long battery life as well.
Although cheap, Logitech still maintained the connectivity signal of 2.4 GHz, so you can use the keyboard within a 10m range and there won't be dropouts. It also has 8 programmable hotkeys to boost your productivity when you type.
- Long battery life: the keyboard battery lasts up to a year while that of the mouse lasts for two years.
- Programmable hotkeys to boost productivity
- Optical mouse included
- Wireless keyboard
You can buy this from Amazon for $24.99.
- Build quality is low
- The paired mouse looks cheap
- There might be random keystrokes delay
7. Redragon K552-RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
4.6-stars, 1482 Reviews
This is a mechanical anti-ghosting gaming keyboard with RGB backlighting and lettering and conflict-free keys (n-key Rollover) to provide ultimate gaming experience.
This keyboard has adjustable rear feet to give you a typing angle to work fast and comfortably. It also has 12 multimedia keys to enhance gaming.
You won't have to worry about your keys in tough gaming conditions as this keyboard is built with metal alloy and ABS with plate-mounted clicky mechanical keys and switches. It comes with a high-speed USB cable and a connection to establish a firm connection so you can enjoy gaming without hassles.
- Sturdy and compact; saves space on your desktop
- It has swappable switches
- A good buy for its price
You can buy this from Amazon for $44.99.
- Clicky keys and loud switches. It may not be suitable where some level of silence is required.
- Some LEDs might break with continued use
- Support for Mac is limited, only Windows PCs are fully supported.
8. Havit Mechanical Keyboard and Mouse Combo
4.4-star, 1116 reviews
This is an RGB lighting keyboard and mouse. It's an all-metal panel mechanical keyboard with a floating design. It has 104 keys and each of the keys has individual switches with full n-key rollover.
The keyboard is ergonomic and has a detachable wrist rest to reduce stress and pain on your wrist. The mouse is also programmable and has DPI levels adjustable up to 4800 DPI. You can even customize your own lighting layouts on the keyboard and it stores and retains your configurations.
This keyboard is compatible with Windows, MAC, and Linux. If you like mechanical keyboards, this might be the best keyboard you're looking for.
- Impressive build quality
- Great buy for its price
- Universal compatibility
You can buy this from Amazon for $62.99.
- The blue switches in the keys are pretty noisy.
- Some keys might begin to malfunction with prolonged use.
9. Havit Mechanical RGB Gaming Keyboard Mouse Headset Combo
4.4-star, 6772 ratings
This is a complete gaming kit with an RGB lighting keyboard, mouse, and headset, all combined and synced together to give you that 'rave' feeling when you are gaming.
The headphone's breathable soft fabric earpads and memory foam provide exceptional comfort. It also has a 50 mm sound driver and virtual surround sound for precision audio as you game.
Keyboard and mouse are plug and play and has universal compatibility. The headphone is also compatible with different devices and games, such as PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox, Xbox ONE, Nintendo, mobiles, tablets, and laptops.
Although the value for money lies in using it for gaming, it works well for just any other thing that other keyboards can do.
- The keyboard is well built and looks great
- Keys are solid and clicky
- Bright LEDs are bright and come pre-configured with lots of different lighting patterns.
You can buy this from Amazon for $90.99.
- The keys are light but loud
- The headset is a bit bulky
10. Logitech MK710 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo
4.2-star, 3101 Reviews
You already know that Logitech produces wireless keyboards and mouse combo with batteries that last up to three years at an estimated two million stroke per year of office use. You also know that their keyboard has a cushion palm rest for the comfort of your wrist.
What you may find interesting in this particular model is its LCD dashboard that displays the icon status of your battery, caps lock, scroll lock, and number lock all at a glance. This might be the best keyboard and mouse combo by Logitech you can find.
- The keyboard is sturdy and does not wobble on a work desk.
- Keys are solid and soft, making typing comfortable
You can buy this from Amazon for $49.99.
- Letters might start wearing out after some months of use.
- Only compatible with Windows operating systems
You will always find a keyboard with good functionalities for a price of less than $100. It is advisable, however, to choose one that is compatible with different operating systems and can connect to different devices.
Find the Best Keyboard for You